BEAUTY TUTORIAL: A touch of green
A few months ago I was sent a beautiful green eye liner pencil from Laura Mercier and decided it was time to give the coloured eyeshadow thing a go. I also had the most amazing eyeshadow kit from Victoria’s Secret which contained a ridiculous amount of eyeshadow, in every colour. St Paddy’s Day was the perfect day to bring out the green goods and try a new look. I ran the pencil along my bottom lashes and waterline and put a sage-coloured eyeshadow on my top lid. I added a bit of liquid liner and lashings of mascara and I had created a half-decent look…
I received such a good response and quite a few requests to recreate the look, so, here it is:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Green coloured eyeshadow
Green eye liner pencil
Black liquid eye liner
Contour / highlighter
- After following your regular daily beauty routine apply a skin primer and then foundation and concealer.
- Optional: Contour and highlight your skin.
- Lightly brush blush over the apples of your cheeks using a light pink coloured blush.
- Dab an eye primer underneath your eyes and over the lid. Blend in with your finger.
- Apply Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow ‘Too Cool’ to your eyelid and blend well.
- Using an oval-shaped eyeshadow brush cover your eye (crease and up to the eyebrow) with a neutral coloured eyeshadow.
- Dab an eyeshadow brush in green shadow and dab over the lid (lid only). Grab a blending brush and run it along the crease time a few times, until the eyeshadow is, well, blended.
- Run the green eye pencil along the bottom lash line and water line.
- Apply black liquid eyeliner along the upper eyelid, getting thicker as you move towards the outer eye. Flick either free-hand or try Rae Morris’s tape trick – it’s a foolproof way to flick.
- Adding lashings of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Pop on a neutral, light pink or peach lipstick / lipgloss and then you’re good to go!
Skin Primer // Benefit “that gal” Face Brightening Primer
Eye Primer // Benefit Stay Don’t Stray 360 Primer
Foundation // Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Contour // MAC Pro Sculpting Cream – Pure Sculpture
Highlighter // Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand – Pearl
Blush // NARS – Orgasm
Colour Tattoo // Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow – Too Cool
Neutral Eyeshadow // Maybelline ‘Champagne’
Green Eyeshadow // Victoria’s Secret Hottest Holiday Makeup Kit (or similar shade can be found here)
Green Eye Liner // Laura Mercier Longwear Eye Pencil – Sage
Black Liquid Liner // Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner
Mascara // Model Co Fibre Lash Mascara
WHICH COLOUR WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO EXPERIMENT WITH NEXT?