My obsession with salad continues and I think I’ve found they key ingredient to an amazing one -haloumi! Here’s my easy and delicious Haloumi Salad.
I know, two salad recipes in two weeks! I’m currently detoxing from my last US trip so salads are my go-to meal at the moment. I’m really not good with repetition when it comes to food though, so I try to make my salads as interesting as possible and change the ingredients regularly.
Last week I used steak to bulk up my salads and this week I’m using haloumi. Haloumi, probably my all-time favorite ingredient, is fantastic in a salad. It adds that bulk, as well as mouth-watering flavour.
While I’ve provided a list a ingredients below, you can switch and swap them with ingredients of your liking.
After two weeks of healthy recipes, I have some pretty indulgent ones coming up. A cake, a fun twist on a Southern dish and a sweet treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. Be sure to check back next week.
Tell me dear reader, what recipes would you like to see more of on Lipstick & Cake?
Handful of spinach
Cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 zucchini, grated or thinly sliced
A handful of your favorite herbs, chopped (I used parsley, mint and dill)
Drizzle of cold-pressed olive oil
- Add the spinach, avocado, cherry tomatoes and zucchini to a plate or shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and sprouts. Set aside.
- Heat a fry pan over medium-heat and lightly oil.
- While the pan is heating, drizzle a little oil over your haloumi and then season with a little salt. Add to the pan and cook until both sides are golden.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the salad.
- Drizzle over a little more oil, season with salt and pepper and garnish with the herbs.