Passionfruit and Lemon Gin Collins
That’s it, I’m calling it… THIS will be the drink of Summer. The Passionfruit and Lemon Gin Collins packs a flavour punch and is a must make this Summer!
My sister, Jessica, and I spent most of our weekend in the kitchen. We came up with some new recipes, made some old favorites and spent most of this evening trying out new cocktails.
Every Sunday evening is spent relaxing at home, with a delicious meal and a drink of sorts, to help wind down from the weekend. That’s how my #weekendwinedown came about.
After perusing Pinterest for hours, we decided to try out some new cocktails. Some we created ourselves and some are scrumptious creations from others. Today we’re sharing one we found on realfood.tesco.com – the Passionfruit and Lemon Gin Collins.
This drink is incredibly fresh and tasty. If you love passionfruit then you’re going to love this!
Don’t like gin? Just leave it out and enjoy alcohol-free.
Tell me dear reader, how do you wind down after the weekend?
For the super syrup
1/4 cup boiling water
1.5 Tbs sugar
For the cocktail
60ml dry gin
60ml fresh lemon juice
2 passion fruits, halved and scooped
30ml sugar syrup
2 handfuls of ice cubes
Lemon wedges, to garnish
For the sugar syrup
- Pour boiling water to a jug and stir in the sugar. Keep stirring until sugar dissolves.
- This will make more than the recipe requires. Keep leftover syrup in a glass jar, for another occasion.
For the cocktail
- Add gin, lemon juice, passionfruit pulp (and seeds) and sugar syrup to a cocktail shaker or jug. Shake (or stir) until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Fill 2 highballs glasses with ice and pour the gin mixture between each.
- Top with soda and garnish with a slice of lemon. Enjoy.